Thursday, August 13, 2009

Summer Reading

I am really excited to be back online (seriously, I keep jumping around my house saying, "I'm so excited! I'm so excited!" so everyone here knows I'm happy). So excited that I'm going to do some major postage.

I'm going to do an awesome update on my summer reading, and then everyone can see how downhill my life has gone.

Books I have Read during the Summer of 'Oh Nine

1. Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult
2. Getting in Tune by Roger L. Trott
3. Being Nikki by Meg Cabot
4. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
5. Perfect Fifths by Megan McCafferty
6. Willow by Julia Hoban
7. I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Shroeder
8. Simply Irresistible by Jennifer Banash

Books I Have Bought/Acquired during the Summer of 'Oh Nine

1. DupliKate by Cherry Cheva
2. Never Cry Werewolf by Heather Davis
3. The Lost Sister by Megan Kelley Hall
4. The Lost Summer by Kathryn Williams
5. I Can't Keep My Own Secrets
6. The !!Complete Works!! of Jane Austen (now one of my most prized posessions)
7. Crash Into Me by Albert Borris
8. Glass Houses by Rachel Caine
9. Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkes
10. Bookends by Jane Green
11. The Story Sisters by Alice Hoffman
12. Shrinking Violet by Danielle Joseph
13. Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
14-16. Dakota Born/ Dakota Home/ Always Dakota by Debbie Macomber
17. Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
18. Atonement by Ian McEwan
19-21. Vampire Academy/ Frostbite/ Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead
22. Choke by Chuck Palahniuk
23. Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk
24. Love You, Hate You, Miss You by Elizabeth Scott
25-27. Romeo and Juliet/ The Tempest/ Macbeth by William Shakespeare
28. Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld
29. In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner
30. Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner

Needless to say, I have not been doing my part to keep up with my expensive book-shopping habit.

So, my only problem is... what to read first?!

<3 Chelsie

2 comments:

The Obsessive Reader said...

This is a hard one. You've got some really good ones. I'm just going to go through numerical order and tell you which ones are good:
Glass House- I love this series. The seventh ones coming out in September I think.
Atonement- Its good but its a little slow.
Vampire Academy- All of these are really good but the third one is really sad so if you don't want to cry no I take that back I mean rocking shuddering sobbing then don't read Shadow Kiss until you want that.
Good In Bed- I liked this book a lot. Its deals with a woman trying to get over her weight issues while at the same time trying to figure out what shes going to do since shes pregnant. Also shes a movie columnist reviewer and she ends up leaving town with a famous actress. Definitely read this sometime.
Love You, Hate You, Miss You- I haven't read this yet but I love Elizabeth Scott so I'm sure it will be good.

Books I've heard good things about:
Crash Into Me
Shrinking Violet

To put it lightly, I have no freaking idea!

ebooks said...

It was a inspiring post and it has a significant meaning and thanks for sharing the information.Would love to read your next post too……..debbie macomber