Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Jars

Hey everyone!
Keeping with the holiday season I have just finished rereading one of my favorite Christmas stories of all time. Granted it is a sappy -all most too perfect- story, Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright never fails to take my breath away. It is a story of a family who collects change during the year to spend on Christmas. This idea suddenly becomes focused on giving to others rather than getting things for themselves. Yes, the typical Christmas moral. Nonetheless, it really is remarkable and it’s such a great picker-upper. Unfortunately, with its short story layout it is lacking in very dynamic and developed characters. :D (go here --> www.christmasjars.com)

On that note, I (and the rest of the LOTR newsletter staff...even though I really don't know if they want to spread good cheer to you or not...) want to wish you all a wonderful holiday season and a great New Year! Keep reading!

<3 Brenna

No comments: